[Sca-cooks] Successful food holiday

aeduin aeduin at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 26 15:45:41 PST 2008

Yesterday was a food success on many levels.

I cooked a 3 bone rib roast to just about fork tender.  My wife added
Iasmin's Brussels Sprouts, an onion pie and Yorkshire puddings.  We
had stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and home made meringues with
fresh blackberry syrup for desert.

Earlier in the day I was gifted with:

Tudor Cookery, Recipes & History from English Heritage,
Food & Feast in Tudor England by Alison Sim
and
A Mediterranean Feast by Clifford Wright.

Earlier this month I got Peter Brears' Food and Cooking in 16th
Century Britan, the English Heritage book.

All in all it's been a pretty good food month.  :-D

aeduin