[Sca-cooks] Crinkle Cookies

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 19:32:23 PST 2008

>Anyone have a great recipe for this?  I'll make you an honorary elf!

Probably too late for elfdom, but I just found this recipe in _Christmas Cookies from the Whimiscal Bakehouse_, which also has some wonderful decorated cookies.

Ranvaig

Chocolate Krinkle Cookies

	In large bowl of electric mixer, med speed, cream
2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c veg oil or 1/2 c clarified butter and 1/4 c. veg oil
	Add and mix at low speed until well combined
3/4 c cocoa powder
	Add and beat until well combined
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
	On a piece of parchment paper, sift together
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
	Add to the sugar mixture and mix at low speed until well combined
	Cover the soft dough with plastic wrap and chill 6 hrs or overnight.
	Set aside
1 c confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350° F, Grease 2 cookie sheets.
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.  Roll each ball in confection's sugar and arrange 1 inch apart on the cookie sheets.  Bake for 12-14 mins or until they have puffed up slightly.  Let the cookies cool in the pans for 5 mins. then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.