[Sca-cooks] breaking chocolate

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 28 02:03:18 PST 2008

<<< Um, whyreyou using a knife tall? If the chocolate is hard, justbreak
the bar, by slaming it on  table or something. Works just fine, and
sVES YOR TOOLS. >>>

Well, I guess it depends upon how small you want the pieces or if you
want regular pieces or don't care. If the chocolate isn't in some
kind of wrapper, slamming it on a table or something may send crumbs
out in various directions.

My first thought was to use a meat mallet, used to tenderize meat,
probably by wrapping the chocolate in a tea towel first. Of course
this will leave irregular sized chunks, but I was also assuming you
would be next melting the chocolate.

If the chocolate has been in the freezer it can be extremely hard to
break.

I guess if you want even flakes you always grate your chocolate.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com