[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks] Stefan's can cannon was A Knife Problem

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:54:36 PST 2008

A large part of the west is literally littered with the campsites of sheepherders.  There are some of these sites that are of archaeological interest and some are eligible for the National Registry of Historic Places by virtue of being >50 years or older as defined by the artifacts.

These sheepherders camps are a source of information but they are also VERY NUMEROUS throughout Wyoming and other western states.

The term used to describe them in the reports is 'pastorialist campsite'.  It is generally a trash scatter of cans and bottles discarded by the herder when he camped there for more than a day.  Beer cans and wiskey bottles figure heavily along with milk cans and potted meat containers ... and gallon pails that once contianed sheep linament.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

modern world

Rock Springs, Wyoming

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster Never knock on Death's door.Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that. I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.