[Sca-cooks] New Year's Eve/Day repast

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 07:49:00 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/30/2008 4:09:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com writes:

<<But I found myself wondering .... What is everyone else doing for New Years
Eve/Day?>>

We don't do much for New Year's.  Hubby doesn't think it's much to get
excited about, and my biggest tradition is rereading my journal from the last year
:-)  I do like to watch the Mummer's Parade, having grown up near Philly,
although hubby doesn't really get that either.  I compromise with him (since it is
literally running all day long, about 14 hours)  and turn it on briefly for
the comics and fancies from time to time, but I MUST watch the string bands
which come on at the end.

As far as food, no major traditions.  I would like to do pork and sauerkraut,
but hubby won't eat the kraut and there's no point in buying a package for
myself.  So  currently I have a pork roast in the crockpot, salted, peppered and
stuck with garlic, and with onions, a little water and soy sauce, a couple of
bay leaves and a whole clove in it, roasting slowly; we'll have mashed
potatos and snap peas with it.  No real plans for tomorrow at this point.

Brangwayna Morgan