[Sca-cooks] How to cite SCA cooks messages

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 4 14:19:44 PST 2008

Further confusing things is that Suey at one point cites "kingstaste". But that is not the person's real name and not the person's SCA name. It's not a name at all. It's just an e-mail handle.

Here are some details from the header:
> From: kingstaste at comcast.net
> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org

SNIP MESSAGE

And here's how the poster signed her message:
> Christianna

Sometimes i have been somewhat puzzled that Suey addresses us by our e-mail handles, rather than by the names we sign our messages.

Sure, sometimes people have their real name as their e-mail handle (such as Terry Decker), but more often they do NOT (like me). My legal name is NOT Lilinah, although that is how i am known in some circles. For my first few years in the SCA i used the name Anahita, which you will find in Stefan's Florilegium and the archives for this list (wherever they may be). I have been called Urtatim now for a few years in the SCA. Nowhere in any of that am i using my legal name.

I would not use the e-mail handle as part of the source name in a citation. That's just part of the contact information, like a phone number or street address.

Urtatim
back from Thanksgiving