[Sca-cooks] Ideas for homemade holiday gifts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 17:39:50 PST 2008

Amy Cooper wrote:
<<< Our holiday spending budget is getting slashed pretty harshly
because my
husband is likely to be laid off at the end of next week. >>>

I sent IIsebet a private email on this, but having been laid off
several times since 2004 and currently looking for a new job, I've
learned a few helpful ideas in looking for a new job. If anyone else
is in this same boat, feel free to email me and I'll pass on what
I've learned.

<<< I still want to
make gifts for my friends, though, and I figure food-type gifts are the
easiest and cheapest. I will probably make some of my spiced honey
butter, >>>

What is your recipe for your spiced honey butter? How do you keep it
from going bad? Do you can it? Or just make it close to when you give
it and recommend folks use it quickly?

Here are some other ideas from previous discussions:
food-gifts-msg    (32K)  5/ 3/07    Period food items that make good
gifts.
    (This is in the FOOD section of the Florilegium)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com