[Sca-cooks] Marinated turkey

Barbara Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Wed Dec 10 11:17:36 PST 2008

I have had pre-marinated turkey breast before.  It was a boneless skinless breast that was marinated in lime and herbs.  (I don't remember the brand, but I got it in BJ's Wholesale Club or Costco.  I roasted the breasts in the basket of my rotisserrie.  They tasted pretty good hot, but the left overs were wonderful when cut up and added to a green salad the next day.

Felicia

---- Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

=============
I have not seen a pre-flavored marinated turkey in the US either, but I
bet it's a great comfort to the infrequent cook faced with making a
Thanksgiving turkey!  Pre-marinated meats and poultry are showing up
here, I have not really looked but maybe they're doing whole big turkies
as well.  I prefer to flavor my own and I suspect that Suey does too.

"Marinated" implies flavor beyond mere "brining" for moisture value, in
my opinion.  Your mileage may vary.  I don't know if the store will take
food back, but you could always freeze it for later.

Bon appetit,
Selene