[Sca-cooks] OOP ethnic silly question...and holiday greetings!

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:14:44 PST 2008

And blessings upon thee and thine as well, Maire, wherever they may be & in whatever form they choose to celebrate the winter holiday season.

The true, canonical, I-like-it-like-this-but-accept-other-variants Reuben:
corned beef
provolone cheese
well-drained sauerkraut (*not* roetkraut)
dark rye bread
dressing of choice (I don't require Thousand Island, and tend to prefer either a creamy horseradish or some mayo)

AND after assembly, grill as you would for a proper grilled cheese -- although reducing the butter / oil is acceptable.
THE food for New Year's Eve, when I can get it right!
ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/ > From: sclemenger at msn.com> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:37:27 -0700> Subject: [Sca-cooks] OOP ethnic silly question...and holiday greetings!> > I'm wondering what y'all's perspective is on the true, canonical meat to be used in a Reuben. A couple of weeks ago, I had the very, very great pleasure of eating this amazing reuben sandwich at Canter's in West Hollywood, and a friend and I got into this silly-friendly wrangle over which is better in a reuben--corned beef, or pastrami. She insisted corned beef, so I had to have pastrami just to be contrary. (My eyes still cross in utter pleasure, just remembering that sandwich, and the kosher dills that came with it.....)> . . . > I hope all of you are having a lovely holiday season, whether it's Hannukah, Kwanza, Solstice, or Christmas, or even Festivus, that you mark this time of year with. I've been spending a lot of quiet time lately, just thinking, in utter astonishment, of all the changes and faces and amazing, thrilling things that this past year has brought into my life, and I hope the same for each and every one of you in the year to come!> > Blessed Be....> Maire (from deep within the snowy, cold reaches of Artemisia)