[Sca-cooks] Ideas for homemade holiday gifts - for cat owners

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 12:19:43 PST 2008

Kiri wrote:
> And, on the other side of the story, I have fond memories of watching our
> declawed orange tabby, Lao Tsu, chasing German Shepherds for fun and
> profit!  I guess they were startled that a mere cat would actually chase
> THEM.

Long ago i had a rather fearless tabby female to whom i had given a Sanskrit name because she had a red dot in the center of her forehead - she had white toes, the end of her tail was white, but the very tip was pale apricot colored. She killed blue jays and left them as love gifts on the pillow next to me when i was sleeping, so i'd find them when i woke up. She would herd dogs when they were in our house. And i saw her chase big dogs outdoors.

When we lived in a house with lots of other people and cats, she was so Alpha that the resident male would not approach her when she was in heat! She did manage to locate a cat outside who took care of business. I had her shut in my suite of rooms, but she figured out how to open a window and got out!

As far as kitty toys, she enjoyed playing fetch with me with a tightly squished ball of aluminum foil, often around 2:30 or 3 AM, when she'd jump on the bed with her "toy" and wake me up for a nocturnal game.
--
Urtatim (that's ur-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita