[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:27:06 PST 2008

And we just returned home after a wonderful Christmas with Phillip's
family.  The decision was made to do dinner as a kind of pot-luck with each
of us contributing a dish.  We did a crown roast pork with a green apple
stuffing...came out very well despite the fact that I stupidly left the
recipe at home.  We just added, tasted, added some more, tasted, etc.  The
rest of the meal consisted of a nice greens and mandarin orange salad, oven
roasted white and red potatoes, rolls and a chocolate pecan pie for
dessert.

I got cooking stuff from Phillip...a lovely, professional quality mandolin
with an additional pusher and a new beater (one that actually scrapes the
bowl for my Kitchen-aid mixer).  Both were things I really wanted.
Mother-in-law gave us a salad set in wood, and I got pj's, moisturizing
socks, massaging bedroom slippers...all in pink...along with enough pink
Tic-Tacs to sink the Queen Mary.  I wonder if she's trying to tell me
something!  All of the pink stuff was from Breast Cancer specials during the
October Breast Cancer month.

But it was lovely, and we had a great time!!  I do hope that each of you had
a wonderful Christmas/Winter Solstice/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah or whatever you
celebrate...and that your New Year is all that you hope it will be!

Kiri