[Sca-cooks] Dates stuffed with marzipan

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:22:09 PST 2008

Thanks to everyone who wrote in.  In my family dates stuffed with marzipan were traditional at Christmas only because someone always sent us a tray of dried fruits.

I'm in the middle of making holiday goodies, and I found myself with an extra chub of marizpan, and a package of dates.  So, I wondered if the two might have married in period, and went hunting for recipes, and hit the aforementioned website of "traditional Scottish recipes."  The website, www.rampantscotland.com, made no claim that the stuffed dates were medieval - just traditional, which as we all know is a commercial term of such fluid meaning as to mean nothing.

I also have plenty of almonds and a pound of orgainic honey, so I'm going to try the rutab mu-assal.

Again, many thanks.

Talana