[Sca-cooks] What do you want for Christmas, - a big black slipper?

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 14:54:27 PST 2008

My son is in the states but this year he did not ask me what I want for
Christmas. I want a pair of Walmart black slippers. Last May when in
Philly for his graduation I stocked up on slippers cause of all the soot
here so I always have a pair in the wash and another drying.

Now Robin, our kitten, enters my closet every morning when I open the
door to pick out my clothes and steals one of my black slippers size 7.
When he first started doing that he was half the size of the furry
thong. He triumphantly carries it from the closet as a captured bird of
prey and jumps up onto the bed like a miniature pony with it dangling
from his mouth. Then he proceeds to attack it like a big lion leaving
all the furry black parts all over the white sheets =-O
until I can retrieve the slipper.

We have never seen a cat who likes shoes so we die laughing every time
this happens but attempt to not let him see!

Robin is a real character at four months now. Yesterday, we took him to
the cemetery as we must pay for the cleaning of the family pantheon once
a year. At first he was fascinated looking at the tombs of all of
Peter's ancestors. Then as we walked through the cemetery passing other
family pantheons Isabel Allende's 'House of Spirits' started moving
again. Literally the land started shaking under our feet here in
Santiago, Chile. Robin got scared, so did Peter. . .

We went home.

A big tremor shock our house at about 1500 hrs and the land did not stop
shifting until 6:30 am when we felt the last big tremor.

The last major earthquake was in 1985 and this year we are do for
another so everyone is really scared. Robin was ok until the last tremor
just after sunrise. The bedroom ceiling lamp swinging back and forth
scared him to death. He jumped under the bed and would not come out
again until it was time to retrieve 'his' big black slipper!

Robin is happy again, chomp, chomp!

Suey