[Sca-cooks] Cheese goo success!

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:22:52 PST 2008

I made a version of cheese goo for a small party we were having Saturday
evening. I've always had trouble with it separating, so in the hope of
preventing that unsightly (yet still tasty) condition, I added MUCH less
butter. I mean a lot less, more like a tablespoon or two of butter at best.
I did find the goo browned readily on the edges in my crockpot (which
doesn't have a "warm" setting, just high/low/off). But it was good! And no
extra unincorporated butter to splash on the walls! :-) Not much was left at
the end of the night, aside from the browned stuff that was stuck to the
crockpot and had to be scraped off.

I do think sometime, I'm going to try redacting the recipe a little
differently - the idea of a thick slice of bread covered with an asparagus
and cheese sauce, then broiled, sounds MIGHTY yummy....

Ilsebet