[Sca-cooks] Asian sources?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 1 08:46:09 PST 2008

Dragon wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea if there are any period Asian cookbooks
> available in English translations?
>
> I am particularly interested in anything Chinese, Indian, or
> Japanese. Central Asian or Russian would also be good.
>
> Dragon

I can bring my copy of SOUP FOR THE KHAN to Festival Of The Rose
tomorrow, for your perusal.

Also, don't underestimate the value of literary sources.  I have a vague
memory that the tale of the 47 Ronin began with the masterless men
meeting secretly in a soba shop.  [Okay, that's circa 1700 but it
illustrated my point.]

Selene