[Sca-cooks] Basting spit roasted meat

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 09:24:43 PST 2008

One source that has been sited here in Meridies for spit roasting beef is a
scene from the Bayeux Tapestry that supposedly show whole animals being
roasted on spits.  While I have not had the opportunity to study the entire
231 feet of the thing, or even to see it in real life, I have not been able
to find such a scene online. I have, though, found a scene showing a spit
mounted over a large cauldron.  Could steaming be a possibility?

Lady Anne du Bosc Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Thorngill, Meridies

mka Montgomery, AL