[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Berets was Non-SCA Authenticity

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:02:18 PST 2008

> All Rangers are Airborne, but to qualify as a Ranger, you have to volunteer > for the Ranger Regiment and the Ranger School.

Not quite correct. All members of a Ranger Battalion are Airborne
qualified but not everyone who is tabbed is Airborne. I got my tab
before my wings. During training there is an air assult during the
swamp phase, airborne qualified jump in and non-airborne do
a helicopter assault.

> One thing I have not checked on is whether or not the authorized
> headgear is worn only when a trooper is assigned to active Special
>Forces, Airborne or Ranger units.
Yes. An SF trooper who is no longer assigned to an SF group will
wear the standard uniform of that group but still wear the Special
Operations shoulder badge as well as the Special Forces tab.

And I think that is enough of this totally off-topic conversation,
fun as it has been.
> Bear
Gunthar
Airborne, Ranger, Special Operations and Counter-Terror trained
and I wasn't even Army.