[Sca-cooks] Sausage stuffing

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 4 11:41:19 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
I got about 3 lbs of links with the funnel and was happy to
put it away. Still, it is nice to know that I could now make
sausage on site using just a funnel and a couple of good
knives. The handmade sausages are a bit lumpy and not
nearly as even as my machine created sausage, but with
more experience I'm sure I could fix that.

The handmade sausage will be displayed alongside the machine
ground and stuffed sausages to show the basic differences
between the two.

Gunthar  > > > > > >

I feel for you, Gunthar.  I did somewhat less than the 3 lbs manually before
I gave up and went modern.  Did you try 'rolling' the length of sausage on a
table under your hands to sort of ven the whole thing out?  It worked for me
a bit, but even that took some doing.

I am very excited to hear how your recipe is received in your project.
Mustard and sausage are just so fun to make and serve together.  Sooooo many
people like it and it isn't so hard if you can convince the conscience to
use electricity or hand cranked wonders :o)

pacem et laridum,
niccolo