[Sca-cooks] Cooks get together at Estrella War?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 00:25:37 PST 2008

Malkin mentioned:

<<< Can't do Estrella this year.  I teach a course for my job that
takes the entire week of Estrella.  Saddest part is ... I will be in
Pheonix for the teaching of the class, and I won't be able to even
sneak away the 100 miles that would bring me to war (instructors
meetings, daily course evaluations, setup for the next days
classes ... etc). >>>

What about staying over that last weekend?

The first, and only time, that I've attended Estrella War, I just
"happened" to have meetings scheduled in Tempe, AZ (Phoenix suburb)
for the Friday before and the Monday after the last weekend of the War.

Unfortunately, this was before cell phones became common (1989?) and
this was my first big inter-kingdom SCA event.  I had no idea there
was no phone on site that I could call the Airport Limo service to
come pick me up from. Spent a lot of time at the event trying to find
a ride into town on Sunday, so I could get a shower before my Monday
morning meetings.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas