[Sca-cooks] bread makers

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 21:49:00 PST 2008

I am not sure why you say there isn't any archives for SCA Cooks, because there is.

If you go to the link at the bottom of this message and click on it, it will give you
the main page.  Find this sentence "To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Sca-cooks Archives." Click on the underlined link and it will take you to the
archives.  It also has a subject search.

Huette

--- Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> Does it really matter why Cecelie would like a bread machine?
> She asked the list for help and advice and I at least took the question
> seriously and
> answered offlist. In that we don't have the archives available, we just
> can't say go look
> in the SCA Cooks Archives and read what we have said in the past. That
> option doesn't exist.
>
> YES I own a bread machine and use one for a variety of reasons.
> Mostly it's a matter of time and convenience, but also I keep this house
> between 55 and 60 degrees in the winter
> which is cold for bread rising. Also why should I heat the oven up to
> bake a loaf?
> Mostly I can bake bread by hand or I can do needlepoint or read. Also
> kneading bread by hand
> bothers the hands these days as does the typing. Knead or type is the
> question???
> So not making bread by hand also allows me to research, write, and
> attend to various lists and type answers to questions.
> Perhaps I should drop the lists and return to making bread by hand;
> would that be
> a better use of my time?
>
> Johnnae
>
> Caointiarn wrote:
> > Share with us why you want a bread machine
> > Caointiarn  { baking bread for Spring Feast in BSK}

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/