[Sca-cooks] bread machines

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:45:37 PST 2008

    I’ve been very carefully staying out of the Bread Machine thread.  In part it was my own insecurity … “will they think me less the baker if I use a bread machine?”.  Blow that
                Yep, I use one.  There is nothing quite like coming home to the smell of fresh bread and hot stew as one arrives home from a day of work.  The stew meat is cooked low and slow all day in the crockpot.  A note with instructions left for my daughter to add the vegetables and turn it up when she gets home from school.  The bread is constructed in advance in the bread machine, with the feature that allows one to set the time the bread should be done.  It is almost like having dinner prepared for one.  Having dinner prepared for one is a new thing for me.  Until very recently it never happened.  Thankfully my housemate, who admittably has less interest in cooking than I have, is none the less willing to prepare meals on the days that I have my evening college class.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia
Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.