[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Feb 13 12:33:35 PST 2008

At 12:06 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:
> > Coffee, however, is sacred.
> > >
> > Gunthar
>
>Why yes it is.  But that doesn't make its use historically accurate.

You know, sometimes it is better to simply be discreet than to try to
make excuses. My morning breakfast tea is a public safety measure.
But I drink it only in my camp and usually before I'm suitable for
polite company. But you won't find me coming up with some convoluted
explanation of why/how an early 15th c French woman has a pot of
Camellia sinensis in her kitchen. Talking about how it was or wasn't
period wouldn't be... very period, would it? I kind of feel the same
way about glasses. Better to simply ignore their presence, and 'not see' them.

'Lainie