[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Feb 13 16:10:13 PST 2008

>>Better to simply ignore their presence, and 'not see' them.<
>
> Unless someone has decided to be a complete and total ass
> (or you are in an Enchanted Ground scenario) they should not
> mention it anyway.> 'Lainie

It's really hard to ignore the people who invade your event kitchen and
demand to know where the coffee is. People who want coffee at our events
are quite willing to interrupt preparations for dayboard or feast to
demand that we make more coffee for them.

I admit this is a hot-button issue of mine. I HATE Coffee. I really don't
like it, to the point where the smell of coffee spilt on my belongings
annoys me all day. I hate making the stuff, and I absolutely abhor dealing
with coffeemaker leavings. My weak excuse for not making the stuff is to
admit I make very bad coffee; most mundane people let me off the hook.

I am a caffeine addict; I buy my iced tea or diet cola myself and bring it
to the event. Being hassled and/or playfully threatened by people who feel
that they have a god-given right for event staff to purchase, arrange,
prepare, and clean up their caffeine of choice makes me want to scream.
For my kitchen staff, I will arrange coffee. As an event steward, I shut
my eyes, arrange for a coffee making person, and lie back and think of
Poland.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net