[Sca-cooks] watermills

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sun Feb 17 07:42:04 PST 2008

Hmmm... I think I have a copy of that book somewhere. What I'm interested in
is the percentage of each type and if they were regionally concentrated by
type.  I would expect that undershot wheels would be located on major rivers
and have higher capacities per mill while the over shot wheels would be more
varied in size and capacity.  I would expect the horizontal mills be to
generally the smallest in capacity.  All this is just conjecture in search
of confirmatory data which the Domesday Book would address as a historical
"snapshot".

Daniel