[Sca-cooks] Chefs?

terry l. ridder terrylr at blauedonau.com
Wed Feb 20 15:02:30 PST 2008

hello;

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Michael Gunter wrote:

<snip>
> People keep telling me I should go to "Chef's School"
> but I'm too damned old for the type of work that would
> involve. But I would like to someday have a job in the
> food industry at some level.

you are never too old to go to school. i would be willing
to bet you are much younger than i am. i am 56yo. as soon
as the legal nightmares come to their respective conclusion
i will be going to a culinary school. i may not be able to
find a line cook position but i will have the training for
my own satisfaction.

i have still not decided on which culinary program to attend.
i have the possible programs pruned down to 4.

the international culinary school at the illinois institute of
art, chicago, illinois
http://www.aii.edu

institute of culinary arts
robert morris college,
aurora, illinois
http://www.robertmorris.edu

culinard, the culinary arts institute of virginia college
birmingham, alabama
http://www.culinard.com

the new england culinary institute
montpelier, vermont
http://www.neci.edu

i am leaning toward culinard.

> Gunthar
> Been a cook, pastry chef, host, caterer, Archimagris but
> never a Chef.

terry
generally chief cook and bottle washer, jack of all trades
master of none, janitor, and electrical engineer

--
terry l. ridder ><>