[Sca-cooks] "Breakfast Food"

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Feb 20 17:44:48 PST 2008

Argh... I did this once, and it's one of the few things I've not
thoroughly webified.

I wanted to make an approximation of my shire's usual Sunday-morning
breakfast with almost all period foods. (Yes, I had the Heretic sausage
gravy, mit biscuits, as well.)

I took most of the recipes from items redacted in Redon's _Medieval
Kitchen_ and of course I don't have that handy to tell you what the
original titles were:
Pain Perdu
Funges
Hanoney (well, actually scrambled eggs)
Onion salat (roasted onion in strips)
Bread
Rice pudding with Almond milk
Plum 'Mousse'
Strawberry pudding
Ham sprinkled with orange juice and brown sugar (carbonadoes)