[Sca-cooks] suggested message protocal

Gwen Barclay gwenb at cvtv.net
Thu Feb 21 11:34:52 PST 2008

Re/ the current question of whether or not to include recipes brings up the problem of just too many e-mails to plow through each day.  Perhaps members could restrain themselves from simply "agreeing or disagreeing" without offering any new information or research, etc.

I, for one, would also appreciate less "off subject" commentaries and more "meat" for the participants. One should also remember that to reply only to the person who has a comment of interest to a limited number. Perhaps  some of the repetitions could be eliminated.

Please remember too, that including the e-mail you have received clutters up the screen and makes it difficult to find the latest addition.  Change your e-mail settings to "not" include original message.  I have difficult figuring out where the discussion began.

Regarding including recipes:my thought is that distinctly different recipes should make it to the list-serve...
and again, can be sent only to the person who begins the conversation.  This habit should cut down the clutter considerably.

There!  I have put in my two cents.

Guinevere in Texas