[Sca-cooks] The origins of Worchestershire

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Feb 22 07:47:19 PST 2008

And it is pronounced differently too-- from the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A126631

In the UK, Worcestershire is pronounced 'woost-ur-shire' and
Worcestershire Sauce is referred to as 'Worcester Sauce', pronounced
'woos-tah'. In many other parts of the world, however, it is referred to
as 'War-sest-uh-shire' Sauce.

Johnnae