[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for coffee house reception, was: Interesting, OOP NY Times Food History article...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 02:01:18 PST 2008

> Susan Fox wrote:
>

>Speaking of non-SCA authenticity... Renata and I are catering the
>after-reception for a talk on 50's Coffee Houses.  I got my black
>clothes and beret in order, what do we serve with the strong black
>coffee?  Charles Perry has suggested baklava, which was a fabulous
>new discovery at the time, usually over-syruped as all get-out.  Oh,
>and carrot cake.  Any other notions?

How about cheesecake?  Or Linzer torte?  Or Krapfen [i.e. jelly donuts]? Or croissants?

Not all of these are related to 50's coffee houses, but they are related to
coffee houses in general and historically.

Huette

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/