[Sca-cooks] Dates

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 17:19:11 PST 2008

Selene suggested a use for dates:

<<< Yum!

I might suggest Mamoul, a traditional filled cookie from Syria and
Lebanon.  A Lebanese Christian with whom I correspond says they are the
one Absolutely Essential Thing to have for Easter.

A good looking recipe here:
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/mamoul.htm >>>

I hadn't remembered that Mamoul had dates in it. Here is some more
info on these:
mamouls-msg       (20K)  1/ 9/02    A Middle Eastern date/nut/dried
fruit filled
                                        cookie embossed with patterns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/mamouls-msg.html

Stefan