[Sca-cooks] Dates

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 16:29:02 PST 2008

I have had that from the Glendale Baklava Factory.  It was indeed sugary, but quite delicious.
I really should find the North Hollywood one, because the one in Glendale, although wonderful,
has wretched parking.  The only good thing about that complex is that not only does it have
Baklava, it also has Zanku Chicken!  Yummy!  Fattening!  Delicious!

Huette

--- Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Renata and I just happened to visit the Baklava Factory in North
> Hollywood yesterday.  They had many kinds of pastries, which is the one
> you mean?  I want to try the one that is made from ground kataifi dough,
> it looks interesting but very sugary.
>
> Selene
>
> Ana Valdés wrote:
> > By the way, following the picture of the mamul cookie (my Iraqui
> > neighboorhood grocery import boxes of mamul from Iran and from Egypt,
> > they are a bit dry but delicious), I found the Backlava Factory, in
> > California. They had a pastry made with kanafé dough but not kanafé.
> > Does anyone have a recipe for kanafé or knafe?
> > I ate it in Gaza freshly made and it was wonderful. I ate it later in
> > Nablus and it was heaven (the knafe is Nablus "speciality", as
> > potatoes for Idaho, etc.
> > I ate kanafe again in Amman, Jordan, in Jerusalem and some Lebanese
> > friends took some knafe from Beyrouth.
> > In Stockholm is only an Oriental bakery who do it but they claim the
> > problem is the cheese, they try with mozarella but it'a not the same.
> > Any ideas?
> > Ana

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/