[Sca-cooks] Reason for a bread maker

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 10 17:35:39 PST 2008

If you are looking to make dough which you plan to finish by hand, then a
high end mixer like the KitchenAide is a much more practical and versatile
tool than a bread maker.

Should just a loaf of fresh bread be desired, a load, set and forget bread
machine works just fine.

Since I (try to) do artisan baking, making a number of odd doughs and shaped
loaves, a mixer is my preference.  Since they both take up about the same
shelf space, chose the one that works best for you.

Bear