[Sca-cooks] No Smoking

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:32:48 PST 2008

When you can finally kick the habit you find that you still crave the first
hit off of a cigarette.  I am a reformed smoker.  Almost 30 years and I
still want a good cigar when drinking with the boys,and the first thing in
the morning.  You will find that food tastes much better and you use less
spices to taste the food.  A side effect of nicotine is that is messes with
your digestive system making it much less efficient.  So with out eating
anymore food you will gain weight.  Somehow it isn’t fair.  You are doing a
good thing for your body and you gain weight .  You need to do something
else to occupy you hands and mouth.  I tried in vain to convince my wife
that sex was what I needed to substitute .  I ended up reading a lot
instead.  Gum works for some.  Talk to your Dr.  There are some meds that
help quite the cravings.

Dan in Auburn WA