[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's reception.....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Feb 11 19:18:36 PST 2008

At 06:58 PM 2/11/2008, you wrote:
>We don't have peerage circlets in Artemisia at all (only for
>baronage and current/former royals), so the chaplet of leaves would
>be a non-issue.  And as long as I'm in fealty, I'm allowed to wear
>my medallions on a simple gold chain, if I wish.  I did ask several
>local knights if they'd have a problem if I chose to wear a
>large-linked chain as part of a GermanRen outfit, and no one had any
>problem with it at all.
>--Maire

Regina gave me this gorgeous (though huge) Chain of Estate, made of
plaques with the An Tir lion on them, and they hung my medallion from
it. Looked _way_ cool over my clothes (red cotehardie, gold open
houpp-style robe lined with red and gold shot taffeta, with laurel
leaves appliqued on all the hems, and a spray of leaves on the
standing collar). Did discover later that the collar was too heavy to
wear over a lighter gown though.

I think that Gunthar should be elevated wearing a white gown, black
and white houndstooth checked hose, and a chef's toque. YMMV. :-)

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore