[Sca-cooks] seagulls

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 13 12:42:46 PST 2008

Robert Evans wrote:

>just when you were thining it was safe to go to feast!!!! maw-ha-ha-ha
>  has anyone eaten a gull? i've eaten blood pie, snake, possum, rat(over seas). and besides it can't be worse than gairum(SP?) now thats some fishy stuff.
>2cents.

I used to have a Maori flatmate whose mother occasionally sent him some
muttonbirds (a shearwater rather than a gull, but I imagine the
experience is similar).  The strong fishy smell of them cooking was
enough to drive me out of the house.  And I _like_ fish sauce.

--
Antonia Calvo
(formerly known as Adele de Maisieres)

Habeo metrum - musicamque,