[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 13 15:16:14 PST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 5:28 PM, otsisto wrote:

> I have always understood that it was from the mountains and was
> stored in
> ice cellars but I have no docs. on this
>
> De

I'm in the same boat, but this does illustrate nicely the difference
between What Medieval People Might/Could Have Done in a given
situation, and What They Probably Did Most Often. Which, if one is
recreating medieval life, is an important consideration.

See, now I'm stuck with this image in my head of two serfs working in
the fields, working up a good sweat in the sun. They pause briefly,
and one of them says to the other, "You know whatte? I coulde doe wyth
a couple of luke-warm ones ri3t aboutte nowe. Howe aboutte you?"

Adamanti... errr... Phlip