[Sca-cooks] Blessed are the non-cooks

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 09:03:03 PST 2008

Phil Troy / G.Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:32 AM, Sharron Albert wrote:
>

>> It was with great delight I heard the cooks in the morning, groaning
>> in anticipation as they approached the kitchen, only to be faced
>> with clean dishes waiting for them. I don't think anyone ever told
>> them who did it, which made it all the more fun.
>>
>> I've been on both sides, and always appreciated it when others came
>> in to clean up.
>>

> You know, they're a little less tolerant of elvish personas in the SCA
> nowadays... ;-)
>
> Adamantius
Speak for yourself bucko.  I'm just as happy to leave out milk for
brownies like that.  Or finest single-malt!

Elvish Personas?  I've seen'em at the Barony of the Angels' parties at
Great Western War, during the years when the Lord of the Rings movies
were newly-released.  Tom Bombadil tending bar, Lembas bake-off... well
it's still more in the spirit of the SCA than the luaus and carnivales
I've seen after-hours.

Selene