[Sca-cooks] Recipe Search

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Feb 14 18:32:59 PST 2008

You can find some of those in the Miscellany, webbed at:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Miscellany.htm

I don't think Cock-a-Leekie is period--more precisely, I don't think
there is a known period recipe for it. There's a reference somewhere
to someone travelling in Scotland being served something that, with a
sufficiently vivid imagination, can be conjectured to be
cock-a-leekie, but so far as I know that's it.

However I will be happy to be corrected by someone with better information

>Greetings!
>
>Our Local college group has finally set a date etc.. so we'reworkign
>on a menu now... several thigns have been suggested, but now I'm
>looking for specific recipes.? Last time I sent Florilegium articles
>off the college severs "ate" them
>

>here are a few of the recipes I'm looking for:
>

>A Mushroom tart
>Carrot Pie
>Ginger Pea soup
>Sauces for Roast Beef
>Cock-a Leekie (sp?) soup
>Pies Of Paris
>Savory toasted Cheese
>Marlboro tarts
>Salats
>
>Please Note that due to allergies in our shire all nuts, as well as
>sesame seeds are off limits.
>
>With Many thanks!
>
>-Ardenia

David/Cariadoc