[Sca-cooks] Going down to NC...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Feb 15 07:31:51 PST 2008

Thanks, Bertha.

Sounds like she's mostly OK. Talked to the nurse this AM, she rested
well, vitals good. Talked to her, too- she hurts, and is pretty tired.
She has a compound fracture of the shoulder blade- according to the
neighbor, it was sticking out about an inch. When I finally got
through to the hospital, the Dr was having a conniption, trying to
find someone to give her permission to treat it, so she was very happy
to hear from me, so I could tell her to go ahead.

But, I think I need to get down there. That's the second time she's
fallen off those stairs up into her place and hurt herself, so I'm
going to go build her a porch. Just gotta scratch some money together
to get down there. First pay won't be until 2/22, and I'm not sure how
much it will be, although eventually, from the last couple weeks, I'll
have about $1500 (gross) coming.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up