[Sca-cooks] Current farm prices and affects on feast budgeting

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Feb 16 19:29:37 PST 2008

>Actually, it's 2.4% of your budget or 4.8% if the prices double.

Doubling the price of wheat would add 1% to the budget.    OK 1.2%.

And the wheat flour cost as much for 25 lbs as rye did for 5 lbs, but that was because I didn't use enough to look for a bulk bag.  Even at doubled prices it was the cheapest part of the budget. Food prices have remained low even as other prices raised.

And as for raising meat prices.....  I'm the vegetarian, it wouldn't bother me much :)

Ranvaig