[Sca-cooks] Current farm prices and affects on feast budgeting

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Mon Feb 18 18:12:36 PST 2008

On Mon, February 18, 2008 17:40, Terry Decker wrote:

> Good points, but ask 'em how much they spent for the last "bad" feast.
> Cooks who are sloppy about the cooking, tend to be sloppy on the logistics
> and the budget.  I know that Namron likes good food at a decent price
> while
> breaking even or making a profit.  Of course that doesn't mean that the
> feast is period, but as long as it doesn't cost more or taste worse,
> period
> is great.
>
> I can't really speak for other groups.

So far, I haven't heard anyone grousing at a lunch costing $6 or $7 or a
dinner costing $10 or even $12 down here in Caid. I generally don't handle
the reservation side of things and all I usually hear is people looking
forward to what my crew is going to produce.

I guess my response would be that the meal they are getting is far better
and much more affordable than most other options they have short of
bringing their own (which in many cases, even had they done so, the
"better" part still applies).

They don't have to go off-site to get it, thus saving the potential time
and fuel expense. They couldn't touch the same amount of the same quality
food at a restaurant at the same price.

So when people bitch about the cost, remind them that what they are
getting is one hell of a deal and a unique dining experience. This is
especially so when one considers that it is produced with free labor
provided by the talented people who sacrifice their free time and energy
to serve others.

Or they can just go hungry and miss out on a great meal, their option.

--
Dragon