[Sca-cooks] Feast thanks

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:39:12 PST 2008

> At some point in the > evening i was called out and thanked in a rather off hand way.

> But then a few weeks later when i was at a shire level feast, the > same Royalty not only had the cook called out but the entire crew - > which is what is usually the norm - and then gave them all coins of > their reign.
This is one reason I refuse to go out for public thanks. I've had feasts
that were pretty bad but we had to go and applaud the cooks. Now,
I fully understand how hard it is to cook a feast, I've done one or
two in my time, but I also don't feel I should applaud a mediocre
effort. Also, I feel that if people don't like what I've cooked them I
don't want them to feel they have to applaud me and my crew. If
they did like it, they'll let us know in their own way.

I do try to let my crew know I appreciate them and they know they
have done a good job. But I honestly hate being paraded out for
applause.

> If the Royalty didn't like the feast, fine, please let me know you > are dissatisfied and tell me what was wrong. I'm the Head Cook, i can > take the heat.
I agree with this. If something is wrong during the feast or even
if a problem was found afterwards, I'd like to know.

> But don't snub my crew!<

I appreciate your protection and value of your people, and I agree that
kitchen crews are totally amazing.  But I feel a visit from the local
B&B or Royals back to the kitchen is more impressive than being part
of the show.
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
Gunthar