[Sca-cooks] Feast costs/budgets

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Tue Feb 19 14:02:57 PST 2008

At 10:02 AM 2/19/2008,Dragon said something like:
> >If the groups we are working with are unwilling to increase fees for
> feast to
> >cover the costs then we have an ethical obligation to inform them that
> >quality and quantity will suffer. (you get what you pay for)
>
>All great ideas, one thing we have here in connection with the
>cooking guilds in the Barony of Calafia is a membership to a
>wholesale restaurant supply (Restaurant Depot). With the non-profit
>status of the SCA, getting memberships to such types of stores is a
>snap and they really help significantly with controlling the costs of food.

Since the Barony has also acquired a dedicated storage unit, we've
installed a very small chest freezer there for use by the cooks of feasts.
The savings off the FIRST FEAST payed for more than the cost of the
freezer. The savings since have payed for the electrical usage.
Then the populace gets otter pops at court at September War (very welcome
when it is 100+ degrees).

Cheers,
Maggie