[Sca-cooks] BTW.....

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 20 11:32:22 PST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 2:13 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

> I just made up that whole "Anthony Bourdain" thing.
>
> Gunthar

Funny, since I was going to respond that Gordon Ramsey is rather a
pussycat. Most of what you see him doing on television is as nothing
compared to the actual abuse some actual chefs heap on their employees
in moments of stress. Usually I just watch him (on those rare
occasions when I do; my son likes him) and repeat my mantra of, "What
he's asking for is perfectly reasonable, and if you can't give your
employer what he's asking for, maybe you need to work someplace else."

If you see him cooking alone, it's clear he loves the work, and it
makes him happy, which makes him warm, polite, and considerate.

On the other hand, it helps to know he (as well as Mario Batali and a
bunch of others) was apprenticed to Marco Pierre White, one of the
greatest culinary impresario-demons, spouting an eternal Cordon Bleu
Streak the whole while when working. And, like Ramsey, he's sweet as
pie, as they say, when not working.

Jeez, I wonder if this what people think of me??? The SOB part, I
mean...

Adamantius