[Sca-cooks] Recipes?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Feb 20 11:55:44 PST 2008

At 11:16 AM 2/20/2008, you wrote:

>I've heard Cooks list has too much of a noise:info
>ratio but is that true? We talk about a lot but
>I feel we also are here to answer pretty much
>any question.

We're a community, and I don't think it's 'noise' per se- it's more
like the pleasant buzz around the table when friends gets together.
And I don't know about you, but the community aspect of this list is
incredibly important to me. (I haz luvs fer u!)

About the recipes, I wonder if that isn't from people who want us to
do their work for them. We don't necessarily post recipes, but we do
post a heckuva lot of links to sources, info on books and texts,
translation help, etc. The material is there- they just have to raise
the spoon to the mouth. I for one spent plenty of time playing
airplane with a spoon (and having the mush dribbled back out as often
as not) and I'm not minded to do it for adults.

I dunno about 'spoon tease' stuff- maybe we need to be more
conscientious about posting links or bibliography? That's enough, IMNSHO.

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore