[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment, and planning.

aeduin aeduin at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 20 16:36:32 PST 2008

I think it has do to with the individual group.  Darachshire has some
equipment and supplies.  But we usually only host 3 events a year and
only one of them has a feast.  Granted that event has Friday soup
kitchen, three meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday, dinner on
Saturday being Feast.

The is a kitchen coordinator who a lot of the time is the feast
cook.  The other meals are generally lead by others though all of the
staff helps out where necessary.

We have the luxury of an industrial kitchen and huge walk-in all to
ourselves since we rent out a St. Vincent de Paul camp for the
weekend.  Since it is a well appointed kitchen we generally don't
need to have our own equipment.  A couple of us will bring food
processors, mixers and personal cutlery but that's it.

This year's head cook Lorenz has done it before and we've had
planning meetings and pre-cooking sessions to get everyone on the
same page as to the exact recipes we'll be using.  It also makes for
the whole know what the other guy is thinking thing.  A few years ago
there were four of us that were doing the complete each other's
sentences and handing each other equipment before the request was
finished.  This year three of us will be back, it's going to be a good year.

aeduin