[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment,

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:33:51 PST 2008

I guess we are lucky here in our Barony.  When the group started, it
consisted of 5 people, three of whom were cooks...and the fourth was married
to one of the three!  This meant that we started accumulating cooking stuff
almost right away.  We did have to borrow from neighboring groups
initially...and, when we do a really big event (Coronation, Twelfth Night,
etc.), we still borrow.  We kept an eye out for things on sale (Dollar
General Store, Big Lots, etc often have great stuff), and now have a group
membership in a restaurant supply place.  With the SCA tax number, it's
usually not a problem.  And the prices are very cheap...and they carry
commercial quality stuff.

A lot of what we have is donated, and our cooks also usually use some of
their personal "stuff" to do a feast.

Our Barony has a reputation for really great food, so we do have to keep our
standards up...and, though it's more difficult now to get funds from the
Barony (a lot of the current membership doesn't understand what it takes to
cook and serve a feast!), we continue adding to our collection.

As for storage, we settled on a storage shed, which is currently located on
our B&B's property.  Prior to that, it lived in my basement for many years.

Kiri

--
Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society. This
link<http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>will