[Sca-cooks] The origins of Worchestershire

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 22 07:08:35 PST 2008

My boss (the GM at Viking) was telling me the other day that Worchestershire
sauce originated in Texas.  I said, no way, it is British.  He says no, it
is from Texas.  Two guys walk into a steak house, and have their meat put in
front of them with a bottle of Lea & Perrins.  They say "whort's dis here
sauce?"

Ahem.

At the time, it was a groaner.  But perhaps it will help you pronounce it in
the future, Serena.
(I can't believe I just passed on that horrible joke!)
Christianna

And Master A - I just don't know. I cannot look at the word and
pronounce it correctly. My mouth simply refuses to do it. I have a
similar problem with  rhinoceros I add a few too many ssarouses.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva