[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 22 12:00:10 PST 2008

I really appreciate everyone's descriptions of their groups stuff.

I have another question...
How did the collection get started?

I've brought the topic up on our local list and i assume i'll hear
more over the next few days, but so far it's mostly been, "i just
borrow from so-and-so/my household" or " i own all/most of what i
need".

Maybe i'm a complete crank, but i think one should not have to own so
much as an individual (and, hey, i've now got a lot of SCA feast
cooking and serving stuff), nor always have to be searching from
someone to borrow from.

I also think one should not have to be a member of a household to be
a head cook. I bring this up because i cooked no feasts in 2005 and
06 in part because every time i offered to cook a principality feast
the principality seneschal turned me down because i wasn't a member
of a household.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita