[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 22 14:26:43 PST 2008

> When all this is done diligently, you've got a well-
> maintained set of cooking and serving gear. When it is not... not so
> much.

When it's not so diligent, a group gets most of it losses--the canvas put
away wet to mildew and rot, the list ropes forgotten at some far-off site,
the cookware disappearing into the realms of the Sidhe.  Ah yes, I remember
it well--the having and the having naught.

> Recently (as of, I believe, the most recent Curia Regis in our
> kingdom) it has been declared illegal for local groups to put any
> capital expenditures for items that will then be owned by the group
> and re-used into specific event financial structures. Apparently
> groups were buying pots and pans for Kingdom Twelfth Night, etc., and
> including them as event expenses, which then reduced the gross profits
> the Kingdom could then scoop their cut off of! Oh, the unbelievable,
> shocking perfidy of it all! ;-)
>
> So we can't buy pots for specific feasts anymore, not the way we used
> to, and everything is more complicated now. <sigh>
>
> Adamantius

One must not deprive the King of his rightful share of your bounty.
Sticking the high dollar cookware on the tab is a little obvious.  On the
otherhand, I consider serving and cooking utensils expendible supplies along
with paper towels, dish soap, foils, wraps, bags, and other items that may
be on the inventory until they vanish at some other event.  So far, no one
has argued with my definition or my expenses.

Bear